Monday, May 31, 2010

Room With a View


In recent years my wife and I have been taking an annual "birthday vacation" in the first week of June. This year we have rented a cabin in the Great Smokey Mountains of eastern Tennessee and plan on spending some time in the National Park and surrounding area. This shot is from the cabin balcony.

I'll be posting a few shots here from the cabin but, in the way of a disclaimer, I'll be doing so from my wife's laptop using PSE8. [REVISED: THE CURRENT PHOTO IS A DO-OVER USING PS4, PHOTOMATIX PRO, & TOPAZ ADJUST - AFTER I GOT HOME!]

4 comments:

Barry Armer said...

Looks like a terrific view. You should try some HDR's here in order to even out the exposure between the foreground (very dark as posted) and the sky. Or alternatively if you had a split ND filter it might work for that purpose (of course my personal preferenece to increase dynamic range is HDR).

Cheers!
Barry

Barry Armer said...

BIG DIFFERENCE! BIG IMPROVEMENT OVER THE ORIGINAL!

WELL DONE!
BARRY

Doug Haass said...

I'm with Barry on this one Larry. Second shot at this one is definitely a winner for me. I would frame this one.

Cindi said...

A beautiful scene with a great sky. There is so much movement and texture in this image. Nice job!