Monday, April 6, 2009

Photography Brings Families Together


My wife and I stopped at a location in Baytown yesterday to take some shots in a local bluebonnet patch. It’s a nice spot, across from the Exxon Mobil office tower on Rollingbrook, where the caretakers have left the bluebonnets, buttercups and other wildflowers intact. As I was finishing up with some macros, this family (mom, dad, daughter, and grandmother) showed up to take a few pictures of the granddaughter. I grabbed this hot as an afterthought while we were leaving but, after I got it home to process it, I liked it so much I wish I would have taken a little more time to compose. It kind of reminds you of how large a role photography plays in bringing families together and preserving the past.

2 comments:

Barry Armer said...

Nice shot Larry!

I really like the composition and the "family moment" it represents!

Cheers!
Barry

Larry J. Patrick said...

Not sure what you how you could have done a better job with the composition. It is a shot about a family trying to get a child to do something. You got that. Really good job.