Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Battleship Texas

My wife and I toured the 34,000 ton New York Class battleship the "USS Texas" this past Sunday. The Texas is permanently moored at the San Jacinto State Park about 25 miles east of downtown Houston. It was our first trip back to the ship in sometime and we both agreed to go back more often. This ship, which was built in 1912, is a recognized National Landmark and a floating museum honoring the long and distingquished service of the ship and it's crews. There is such a fantastic ammount of history associated with the ship that I would like to see it as a required field trip for local Texas students. If you haven't been in a while I would remind you thats it's probably time for another enjoyable trip.

5 comments:

Barry Armer said...

Nice shot Larry!

I really like the composition, POV, and cool treatment with the Texas flag overlay!

Well done!
Barry

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Never seen it portrayed this way. I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on this one Larry. It really catches your eye.

It shows the Battleship Texas in such a different way from what you are used to seeing.

DHaass

Larry said...

Thanks all. The flag overlay {hard mix mode at 25%]seemed like a great way to handle the negative space.

Larry J. Patrick said...

Good use of texture here. I like the overall effect.