Friday, January 23, 2009

Ropin'


From the archives – This shot is from the ’07 Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. Taken at the exhibition arena it’s one of many that I have on my hard drive that I probably shouldn’t like, but I do. I was using my old super zoom camera, which is not low light performer, on an indoor action shot and got just about the grainy soft shot I suppose I should have. I also had to remove a lot of clutter, the roping is a team event, to provide a clear subject to the photo.


Tech: Panosonic Lumix Super Zoom @ 23mm, f2.8for 1/60 at ISO400, Raw, AP Post Processing:Crop>Duplicate Background>Clone out Unwanted Elements>Black & White Adjustment Layer

1 comment:

Barry Armer said...

Nice shot Larry!

I like the blurred movement and the dynamic composition. I think it would be improved by removing the horses silver eyeshine.

Cheers!
Barry