Sunday, December 14, 2008

Field Trip Shots




Last Tuesday night out photo club, the Bay Area Photo Club of Clear Lake, met for our monthly Honors Program. It’s an opportunity for members to submit works in either an “Open” category or an “Assignment” category. I enter the “Assignment” category because I like the challenge of conceptualizing and shooting [or just lucking into] shots for a specific topic. This often forces me to take shots and develop techniques I might not otherwise try.

Tuesday’s assignment was “Field Trip”- any shot you like from one of official club field trips for the calendar year of 2008- and these were my entry. The photo of the train was taken on our field trip to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Parade early in the morning. I darkened the photo, added the moon, and highlighted the lighting to give it an overall more mysterious mood. The two toy figures where on our Galveston filed trip. The figures where laying on the loading dock of a post-Ike Strand retailer along with other washed out fixtures, merchandise, and junk. I spotted them and, after setting them into position, snapped this shot.

1 comment:

Barry Armer said...

Definitely two Gold medal shots Larry!

Well done!

Cheers!
Barry