Saturday, December 13, 2008

Chupacabra


I usually photograph squirrels, birds, insects, and domestic animals in my back yard on the Texas Gulf Coast. However the other day I spotted this fellow [I believe it’s a Chupacabra] perched on a tree limb and just managed to snap a picture before he scampered off. I know they are not native to the Houston area so I suspect he probably came up from Mexico following the great herds of migrating goats that typically winter in South Texas before heading South again in the spring.

Tech: Panosonic Lumix 12X Superzoom, f3.6 & 1/15 @ -1 @ ISO 100, 60mm Post Processing: Duplicate Background>Level Adjustment Layer>Merge Visible to New Layer>High Pass Sharpen>Topaz Adjust “Simplify” Preset>Merge Layers>Lens Correction Vignette

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

out of all the mythical, blood sucking creatures out there, the Chupacabra is almost certainly the sneakiest

Larry said...

Right On Coffee!! Looks can be deceiving....