Saturday, December 20, 2008

Boy in the Crowd


This boy was in the stands at Reliant Stadium for last weeks Texan game one row down and two seats to the left of me. He kept turning around looking over his shoulder and over our heads at something going on in the stands behind us. He did this just often enough that had reason to assume he’d do it again. I laid my camera in my lap and folded out he articulated screen so that I could focus on him without looking directly at him and when he turned I snapped this shot. The problem was I had my 70-200 and 1.4 converter on my camera and wasn’t sure I could focus within the six foot max distant. I like the resulting shot. The long focal length really did a good job of separating him from the busy background of the crowd. It supports my theory that it’s better to be lucky than good!

Tech: Oly E-3 w/ 70 Zuiko and 1.4 Tele Converter@ 200mm [35mm =], f5.0, 1/1600, ISO200, Aperture Priority. Post Processing: Duplicate Background>High Pass Sharpen>Merge Visible>Levels, Curves>Topaz Noise Reduction>Crop Square.

No comments: